The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health purpose is to increase learner’s knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s mental health.
Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of:
- children and young people’s mental health in context
- mental health problems commonly associated with children and young people
- the impact of mental ill-health on children and young people
- support available to maintain mental wellbeing in children and young people.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for anyone looking to increase their knowledge of children and young people’s mental health.
- Aged 19 plus
- You will need to be able to provide proof of ID and employment/ benefit claim status
- Lived in the UK/EU for the past 3 years or more
- Living in the Liverpool City Region or non-devolved area
Our funding is available in most areas however the areas it is not available are:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Greater London
- Tees Valley
- West Midlands
- West of England
This is a knowledge-only qualification; therefore, work experience is not mandatory.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 3 Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (England)
- Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning.