All training is now being offered online through our Taxi VRQ online learning packages. Click here to make an enquiry.
Our taxi training provides learners with the Level 2 Introduction to the Role of the Professional Taxi and Private Hire Driver VRQ qualification.
This taxi training qualification is a mandatory requirement with near all the local authorities when it comes to issuing a taxi badge. For further information please call 0333 023 7450.
Through becoming one of the UK’s biggest taxi training academies we have built relationships with local authorities that enable us to offer you the help required to get your taxi badge. Our Next Steps Team manage your journey throughout your time with Antrec, offering help and sound advice to each learner.
Do you want a career which is flexible and were you can be your own boss? Sign up to one of our highly-acclaimed taxi driver training courses today!
How to become a taxi driver with Antrec?
- Be aged 19+.
- Have held a full UK driving licence for 12 months.
- In receipt of benefits or,
- Earning less than £17,550 per year (within Liverpool City Region) and, £16,009.50 outside of Liverpool. Please note funding for outside of the Liverpool City Region is limited.
How long is the course?
- Courses run Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Please note course duration depends on the level each individual learner is working at.
Where will I complete my training?
- Antrec’s office is based in Bootle (The Investment Centre, 375 Stanley Road, L20 3EF).
- We also run training in Preston, Skelmersdale and across Greater Manchester. Call us on 0333 023 7450 to see what we have scheduled.
What is provided on course?
- Outstanding training and facilities.
- Testing needed to pass the Taxi VRQ qualification (plus resits if needed).
- Funding is available depending on status, at induction our Next Steps Mentors will discuss the options available with each individual.
- Those that are not eligible for funding will be required to pay £299 (£50 deposit).
*All funding is subject to eligibility*
How do I sign up?
- Call us up on 0333 023 7450.
- Fill in the enquiry form on the right-hand side of the page.
- Provide proof of ID and eligibility.
Full Service Taxi VRQ Training Academy
We also offer additional services to help prospective taxi drivers get on the road and start to earn a living.
Other useful information:
- We work alongside our partners Delta Taxis who will guarantee a place on their fleet for anyone who obtains a taxi badge. PLEASE NOTE: The same amount of funding will be made available to learners who wish to obtain a licence with any other company of their choice.
For Liverpool based learners this programme has been funded by the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority’s Adult Education Budget and Education and Skills Funding Agency.
We service those wishing to gain their Taxi VRQ at any borough across the UK and local Knowsley, Sefton, Liverpool, St Helens, Wirral, West Lancashire, Preston and Manchester licensing authorities.
Taxi VRQ Knowsley | Taxi VRQ Sefton | Taxi VRQ Liverpool | Taxi VRQ St Helens | Taxi VRQ West Lancashire | Taxi VRQ Wirral | Taxi VRQ Preston | Taxi VRQ Manchester | Taxi VRQ Bolton | Taxi VRQ Bury | Taxi VRQ Oldham | Taxi VRQ Rochdale | Taxi VRQ Salford | Taxi VRQ Stockport | Taxi VRQ Tameside | Taxi VRQ Trafford | Taxi VRQ Wigan
Interested? Why not give us a call and book onto our next course? Call 0333 023 7450 or fill in the enquiry form at the bottom of this page.