Our taxi training provides learners with the BTEC Level 2 Introduction to the Role of the Professional Taxi and Private Hire Driver VRQ qualification.
This taxi training qualification is a mandatory requirement with near all the local authorities when it comes to issuing a taxi badge. For further information please call 0333 023 7373.
Through becoming one of the UK’s biggest taxi training academies we have built relationships with local authorities that enable us to offer you the help required to get your taxi badge. Our Caseload team manage your journey throughout your time with Antrec, offering help and sound advice to each learner.
Do you want a career which is flexible and were you can be your own boss? Sign up to one of our highly-acclaimed taxi driver training courses today!
How to become a taxi driver with Antrec?
- Be aged 19+
- Have held a full UK driving licence for 12 months
- In receipt of benefits
How long is the course?
- Courses run for 10 days – each fortnight
Where will I complete my training?
- Antrec have offices based in Bootle (The Investment Centre, 375 Stanley Road, L20 3EF) and Liverpool (1 Temple Square, 24 Dale Street, L2 5RL)
- Training runs from 9.30am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday
- We can also offer evening and weekend courses subject to availability
What is provided on course?
- Grade 1 training
- Testing needed to pass the Taxi VRQ qualification (plus resits if needed)
- Funding towards purchase of taxi badge*
- Funding towards DBS application*
- Funding towards medical costs*
*Amounts can vary depending on which local authority you are applying to (funding up to £165)
How do I sign up?
- Call us up on 0333 023 7373
- Fill in the enquiry form on the right-hand side of the page
- Provide proof of ID and benefits
Other useful information:
- We work alongside our partners Delta Taxis who will guarantee a place on their fleet for anyone who obtains a taxi badge. PLEASE NOTE: The same amount of funding will be made available to learners who wish to obtain a licence with any other company of their choice.
- For those not eligible for the 10 day Taxi Employability training we also offer a paid Taxi VRQ course (NOW BEING OFFERED FUNDED FOR A LIMITED AMOUNT OF TIME).
We service those wishing to gain their Taxi VRQ at any borough across the UK and local Knowsley, Sefton, Liverpool, St Helens and Wirral licensing authorities.
Taxi VRQ Knowsley | Taxi VRQ Sefton | Taxi VRQ Liverpool | Taxi VRQ St Helens | Taxi VRQ Wirral
To enquire about upcoming Taxi Driver training courses simply give a member of the Antrec team a call on 0333 023 7373.